Naruto: Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macro making / command guide

2 posters

Go down

Macro making / command guide Empty Macro making / command guide

Post by Folir Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Hey, quick guide on macro making and available verbs to players that you may or may not know about.

First up we'll go over how to make a macro in the first place.

1. Open up the options and messages function, either through the "file" drop down menu, which is located at the top left of the byond window, or simply pressing the key F1 Macro making / command guide YtvpTYE
  2. Choose the drop down menu labeled client, then choose "macros..."
    Macro making / command guide WmLDu3f
  3. The macro function looks like this, note the tick box named apply only to this game, this can be very useful to avoid clutter on different games.
    Macro making / command guide K27fJQs
  4. To make a new macro, click New Macro, the screen looks like this, with key binding, and even combination key binding, there is also timing settings, and finally an ID, which is not required, but helps you find or recognise your macro at a quick glance
    Macro making / command guide GvJ3dDH

Now, as for the commands in macros and important things in macros I'll create a list of ones I think to be most useful, and their function.

.click long story short, this is used to interact with things like moves and items on floor.
.ping shows latency to host
.north moves you north
.south moves you south
.east moves you east
.west you guessed it, moves you west
say (Notice no . beforehand) this makes you say whatever text you put afterwards in local chat
\n this is a very important thing, it breaks up commands in a macro, in order to make a sequence.

Now how to put these into practice?
That's up for you to work out, however, I'll show you a couple of macros I know of, as they are useful and could stem off other ideas.

Macro 1 : The famous meditation macro :
.North \n.East \n.South \n.West
Macro 2: a simple countdown macro :
say 3 \nsay 2 \nsay 1 \nsay GO!
Macro 3: A little way to add a bit of dps to an escape for yuki, my favourite clan :
.click backdash \n.click senbon-wave

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! :^)

Folir

Back to top Go down

Macro making / command guide Empty Re: Macro making / command guide

Post by Sora Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Been wondering how to work with the marcos myself. This will help me out a lot!
Sora
Sora
Admin

https://narutorevolution3d.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum